Hey readers, here is another rant from other source besides us three geniuses. If you don't remember this feature is a guest writer's opinion on whatever they like. If you feel you’d like to do this just email the email@example.com address and let us know. You can email that address to see if we already have one in line for that week or email your post for us to review. Also, if it’s not good it’s not going up. We are honest SOB’s that will say...hell no!
Without further ado, this week's entry comes from our most loyal reader that is slightly taller than Q, one of your head writers. He also shares three things with Brittney Spears: 1) The same birthday, 2) The same shaved head look, and 3) The love of her music. Ok, one of those is fake...you guess which one. Along with being a nacho craving-broomball player he has a strong passion for the Sports. This rant is about the Association. Enjoy...
Finally an NBA article for that deals with current NBA players, instead of current 18 year old boys who have no trouble dominating the world of college basketball. Here are just a few quick notes on what’s been happening early on.
• In case you forgot, the Timberpups are still around, though they are, and will remain, at the bottom of the league. Big Al has shown he will be a force inside, which has been one of the few bright spots all year. He just dominated Amare Stoudemire and the Suns for 32 and 20. That’s exactly why the Celts wanted to keep him out of any trade. But I guess they’re feeling okay about giving him up now that KG and Co. are owning the East. (Although the Pistons will give them a good run come May).
• The other bright spot has been the impressive early play of Rashad McCants. He definitely finally looks healthy and is showing no effects from that microfracture surgery of a year and a half ago. He’s been exploding to the hoop as well as knocking down treys like he used to in Chapel Hill.
• Antoine Walker is fat and awful, yet he is 7th in minutes on the team. He didn’t play on Saturday night and look at the W we were able to pull off (hopefully Randy Wittman took note as he’s out after back surgery).
• Teddy Ratliff showed a brief bit of new found talent, swatting shots like no other. But then showed he is still Theo Ratliff and has not played since November 16th with a knee injury. Also, Randy Foye has yet to play this year. Once he comes back we’ll all get our first real look at the future of the Wolves.
• Overall they are a very bad team and one of these “special” freshmen we’re assured of drafting won’t change that record much next year.
A few other points:
• Joakim Noah officially has the ugliest jumper in the league…try to find it on YouTube or something if you get a chance. It’s quite similar to shots I’ve seen by parrots, dolphins, orangutans, and all other lower forms of animals.
• College side note: Texas Tech went on a 42-1 run against La. Tech…how does this ever happen? Why wouldn’t La Tech’s coach go Bobby Knight on the legend himself? You know, chair throwing, player choking, etc. Basically anything to get ejected so you don’t have to watch that trash anymore.
• I’m taking the Spurs to repeat. They just beat the Mavs and the Jazz without Duncan. As boring as it is to watch them, they are very good and Manu “Toucan Sam” Ginobili is dominating.
Stay tuned to the Association, especially anytime you see that this guy is on.
Who doesn’t miss that guy?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Posted by Stranger at Wednesday, December 12, 2007